Posted: 2005-04-26 / Author: Alan Rae
Marketing Is The Business - The 7 Ps Of SuccessClass outline:
Most small companies think that marketing is something mystical that only large companies do. Either that or that it’s just advertising and literature. This class puts you right. It demonstrates that Marketing IS the Business and sets the tactical framework for the remainder of the course.
Purpose of the Class:
It’s an introduction to the whole scope of marketing covering the classic 7 Ps of Marketing. It will help you decide what story you want to tell to whom – and how you are going to get it out there. BUT it remembers that the purpose of marketing in a small company is to generate a constant stream of warm leads.
• Position – where it sits in the market against the competition
• Physical Evidence
Questions this Class will answer
· How should you choose what to sell to who and how to tell them about it?
· What story to tell and where to tell it with what media.
· How to design an interface with the customer – and where to target your efforts
· How to work the various techniques together to get results.
Common problems this class will help you overcome
· Confusion about how to promote yourself
· Not pricing correctly
· Understanding how to sell through intermediaries
· Not understanding how to set the stage in which the sales activity takes place
· Not aligning people, process and promotion to build a marketing machine